Monday 10th, December, 2018
How is a Typical Day on Kilimanjaro?
1. Wake up: Usually wake up around 6:30 am with warm s bed tea which followed with hot water in washing basin for sponging and clear up.
2. Breakfast: Breakfast is served in mess tent around 7:30 am. The mess tent is equipped with all fold-able aluminum chairs, tables, dinner ware, silver ware and table clothes. After breakfast you will go back to your tent to finalize packing of your day pack and back pack with general cleaners and then proceeding with hiking around 8:00 am to 8:30 am. You will always carry your day pack and hiking clothes with your guide while the porters will carry all camping facilities to the designate place to settle your camp. On the way you will have schedules for break according to your performance, while cooks and porters move ahead to set the tents and prepare hot lunch/dinner.
3. Breakfast: On shorter hiking days you will have hot lunch on arriving while on longer days you will have either lunch box or picnic lunch on halfway. If weather is good, we set table outside to enjoy a nature. On arriving to the camp, you will served with tea and have option of extra hike higher or rest.
4. Dinner: Dinner is served on mess tent around 7:00 pm which is followed with a day evaluation, discussion and brief about the next day.
5. Camping Style: In Marangu route, we use hut accommodation, and you stay in huts but on all camping routes Machame Lemosho we use quality tents.
6. Summit Day:On Summit day, we usually wake up around 11:30 pm and about 12:00 am and start hiking to the summit –Uhuru peak and arrive there when the sun comes up – early mooning around 6:30 am but depending on your pace. Hiking is usually slowly to allow you to acclimatize and facing the steep summit climb which have switch beg.